Lookout Mobile Security is one of the best free mobile security apps for Android mobile phones and tablets. With easy-to-use mobile security, protect your phone from viruses, malware, and hackers, and download apps without worry. If your phone is lost or stolen, find it easily on a map from myLookout.com. You can also set off a loud alarm even if it is on silent. Backup your contacts to keep your data safe and easily restore them to an existing phone. Access your data remotely from any web browser “over the air”. All for FREE!
Lookout Mobile Security Free Version Key Features
- Antivirus: Block malware, spyware, and trojans
- Scan each app you download to make sure it is safe
- Schedule daily or weekly antivirus scans. Get automatic, over-the-air, protection against the latest threats
- File System Monitoring: Scans new files on your SD card to protect against malware
Find My Phone – Anti-theft:
- Locate your lost or stolen phone on a Google map
- Activate a loud alarm, even if your phone or tablet is on silent
- Log into mylookout.com to locate your phone from any web browser, anywhere!
Backup & Restore:
- Securely backup your contacts to mylookout.com
- Restore them to an existing mobile device
Lookout Mobile Security is a stripped down version of Lookout’s more robust full suite. The full Premium version offers exactly the same antivirus Android-specific protection as the free edition, but comes with several additional security features such as Safe Browsing, Remote Lock & Wipe, Privacy Advisor, and Advanced Backup. These extra features come with an additional charge of $29.99 per year. You can get a free 7 day trial of Lookout Premium (optional). When your trial ends, automatically return to the free version. No credit card is required for the free trial!
Video: Introducing Lookout Mobile Security
Free Download Lookout Mobile Security for Android Phones & Tablets
You can download Lookout Mobile Security for Android mobile phones and tables for free from the Google Play Store. Lookout Mobile Security works with Android phones and tablets. It requires Android 1.5 or later, with 5.3 MB of storage.
Note: If you’re on Android (Froyo) 2.2+ and have trouble uninstalling, go to Settings -> Location & Security -> Select Device Administrators and uncheck Lookout. Contact the developer at support [at] mylookout.com if you have questions.