Everyone has their own privacy. So, hiding certain files and folders is a need that many of us require from time to time. My Lockbox is a privacy application, enabling you to hide and lock almost any folder on your computer and protect them with password. The protected folder (lockbox) is hidden and locked from any user and application, no matter whether they are trying to get access – locally or from the net. To open the protected folder you must input the valid password, thus ensures its security from any unauthorized usage. And if you ever lost your My Lockbox password, you can request online password recovery (you need to specify password recovery email address when setting the password).
Features and benefits
- Extremely easy in use;
- Clear and convenient user interface available in more than 10 different languages;
- Hotkey combinations for basic actions;
- Instant data protection with no limits on size of the protected data;
- Password protection for locked data and program uninstall;
- Free edition protects one folder with unlimited number of subfolders. Professional edition protects unlimited number of folders;
- Supports all modern Windows operating systems (XP, Vista, 7, 8) including 64-bit editions;
- Instant and safe online password recovery;
- Almost any folder on your computer can be password protected;
- Prevents you from locking system-critical folders, e.g. C:\Windows;
- Trusted processes feature lets backup, antivirus or similar software to backup or scan your protected folder;
- Protects folders even in Windows safe mode;
- Renaming upper-level folder would not reveal protected files;
- Modern skinned user interface;
My Lockbox Pro Free Full Version Download
My Lockbox Pro is normally priced at $29.95 per serial key / upgrade code. Giveaway of the Day (GOTD) are having a giveaway of My Lockbox 3.8.1 Pro, where everyone can download a full version copy for free. The giveaway will be valid for today only (24 hours on June 28, 2015). Act fast to grab your free copy.
Go to the giveaway page here to download the giveaway package. Unzip the package you’ve downloaded, and carefully read the instructions which you can find in the readme.txt file for proper activation. You have to install and activate it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.
Take note that My Lockbox Pro will offer to download and install “Hide Folder Ext” free trial. If this doesn’t suit you then choose Do not install option when you’re asked. Note: Creating a System Restore Point before trying out a new software is always recommended.
- My Lockbox Pro can only protect folders on local drives. It can not protect external drives such as external HDD, flash drives, pen drives, SD cards, Memory Sticks etc
- My Lockbox Pro is designed for home use only and not recommended for commercial settings which require stricter confidentiality.