Panda Security today announced the launch of Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5. Panda Cloud Antivirus is a free antivirus,and probably the first free antivirus from the cloud in the security software industry. This cloud-based security solution consists of a lightweight antivirus agent that is connected in real-time to PandaLabs’ online Collective Intelligence servers to protect faster against the newest viruses, spyware, rootkits, unknown malware and malicious activity while barely impacting PC performance.
This new release includes performance improvements as well as new features suggested by the product’s user community. Since its initial release in 2009, Panda Cloud Antivirus has received widespread praise, and millions of users around the world have already benefitted from award winning free antivirus protection and minimal resource consumption that Panda Cloud Antivirus provides via its Collective Intelligence technology.
New Features & Improvements:
- Scanning speeds have been improved dramatically.
- CPU consumption has been reduced thanks to improvements in the BackgroundScan.
- New graphical installer.
- Ability to close the banner.
- New advanced configuration options for exclusions of files by extension, Potentially Unwanted Programs and more.
- Activity monitor shows scanned files and last virus detected.
- Report now includes entries for Collective Intelligence cache synchronizations.
In addition there are a lot of bug fixes, most notably:
- Fixed error when trying to open Panda Cloud Antivirus right after install.
- Fixed problems registering with Windows Security Center.
- Fixed access violation in PSUNSuspects.dll when opening console.
- Fixed protected Lost&Found directory privileges which prevented restoration of files.
- Fixed Error Code 11 when trying to undo an exclusion for a file which has been deleted from the drive.
- Fixed Error Code 11 when trying to insert into the Recycle Bin a file which was also excluded from the scan.
- Fixed error which prevented opening the GUI and showing the traybar icon.
Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 is available for free, a Pro version offers extended protection is available as well for $29.00. Automatic vaccination of USB drives and behavioral analysis of running processes are the main components that differentiate between the free and pro versions. There is also no nagging advertising screens and multi-lingual 24×7 technical support.
Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 is available for free, with a Pro version that offers 24×7 multilingual technical support, behavioral analysis of running processes and automatic USB vaccination for $29.00. Existing users will be automatically upgraded to the latest Version 1.5, and new users can download the software at www.cloudantivirus.com