GOG.com, formerly Good Old Games, has launched yet another DRM-free game download giveaway. This time it’s the critically acclaimed role-playing game “The Witcher: Enhanced Edition“, Which is playable on your Window PC and Apple Mac (worth $9.99)!
Get it now and Think Later. This offer wont last long! To get your free copy, you’ll need to have GWENT in your library and subscribe to the GOG newsletter.
1. Download Gwent game in GOG (it’s free!)
2. Register/link your GOG account @ playgwent.com
3. Then you can visit this promo page, subscribe to the GOG.com newsletter and claim a free GWENT Card Keg and the game a copy of the The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
About the Game:
The RPG of the Year (PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN) is back in a Premium Edition packed with powerful extras! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition takes all of the acclaimed gameplay that garnered the original game more than 90 awards, and perfects it with a number of gameplay and technical improvements.
- Superior dialogue and cutscenes – The developers have re-recorded and rewritten more than 5000 lines of dialogue in English and redone the entire German edition to create more a more consistent experience, while adding more than 200 gesture animations to make characters behave more believably in dialogue and cutscenes.
- Enhanced inventory – The new inventory system makes item use and organization less complicated by introducing a separate sack for any alchemical ingredients, as well as a simple sort-and-stack function.
- Technical improvements – The enhancements made to the technical side of the game are too numerous to list, but a few of the highlights include greatly reduced loading times, greater stability, improved combat responsiveness, faster inventory loading, the option to turn autosave on or off, and more.
- Character differentiation system – To add more variety to NPC and monster appearances, we’ve added a new character differentiation system that randomizes the appearance and colors of dozens of in-game models.
- In your download you’ll also get: Interactive Comic Book, D’jinni Adventure Editor, Two new adventures offering 5+ hours of gameplay, Official Soundtrack, Music Inspired by The Witcher album, Making-of videos, Official Game Guide, Two Maps of The Witcher’s world
You play as a a witcher, Geralt of Rivia, that means you kill monsters for a living. You were given special training to be the best at what you do and your body has been enhanced with potent elixirs to help you do it.
Suffering from amnesia you remember nothing of your past. Kaer Morhen, the last remaining keep of the witchers, was attacked by a mysterious organization, just as you were starting to lick your wounds there. The battle is won but the secret recipe for the mutagen, a substance required to create more of your kind, has been stolen. The surviving witchers set out to find and reclaim it and punish everyone involved. Memory loss or not, you are one of them.
Set in a dark fantasy world with a unique medieval, yet somewhat modern, feel to it, The Witcher isn’t just another fantasy RPG. With a deep story, complex characters, and tough choices that actually matter, this game will keep you glued to your monitor for days.
- Arguably one of the best RPGs ever made, with a mature, non-linear story and a challenging combat system
- Beautiful graphics and an enchanting soundtrack create a very unique dark fantasy atmosphere
- The Witcher’s universe is created by Andrzej Sapkowski – bestselling fantasy author
Updated: In fact, this is not a new promo but lasts for a long time, it is still working and many of you may need it (I previously shared this giveaway on Apr 21, 2018). I change the date published for this post to make it up. Enjoy this critically acclaimed role-playing games.