Yandex.Disk is a cloud storage service created by Russia’s leading Internet search provider Yandex that allows users to upload and sync files to a cloud storage and then access them at any moment from any internet-enabled device – PC, laptop, or smartphone. Users joining Yandex.Disk get up to 10 gigabytes of space at their disposal, which is quite high when compared to some of its competitors. Users can even double their available space to 20GB by referring friends to the service.
Yandex.Disk Key Features:
- Storage — users can upload and save personal documents, photos, music, videos, and more. The maximum file size on Disk is 10 GB.
- Syncing — files are synced between all the user’s internet-enabled devices either through Browsers or the Yandex.Disk desktop/mobile application.
- Sharing — Any files and folders in the Disk root directory or your personal folders can be shared. Share folders can be downloaded as archives providing they are no bigger than 10 GB.
- Integration with other Yandex services — lets people manage their files on other Yandex services such as Yandex.Mail and Yandex.Narod.
- WebDAV protocol support — which means you can access the service from any WebDAV-client and connect Disk as a Windows Network Drive. The Disk API also supports this protocol. The API lets you incorporate Disk in your own applications supporting WebDAV.
You can receive up to 20 GB of space for free on Yandex.Disk:
- You will receive 3 GB after signing up an account.
- An additional 3 GB for installing the Yandex.Disk “application”;
- 2 GB are added after uploading your first file using the application;
- And, an additional 2 GB will be added when you share a link to Yandex.Disk’s promo page on Facebook, Twitter, “VKontakte”, or another social network.
- Friend invites: Invite your friends to use Yandex.Disk and get up to 10 GB of space! Every friend you invite who installs the “Yandex.Disk” application receives an additional 1 GB of space on Disk (and you are awarded 0.5 GB, as well). The space limit is increased after the invited person logs in to the installed application.
You can find out how to Get more Disk space on the Get more Disk space page. This page also lets you check the amount of storage used and allows you to buy additional space.
Thanks to “Sharemore” for this nice find!